This service has been developed by Fold for people who are 55 and older, who wish to continue living independently in their own homes.
The service is delivered free of charge to anyone who, after an initial assessment, is eligible under the access criteria.
Our Floating Support is specifically designed to provide access to the range of services identified to help the person to maintain and enjoy greater independence while remaining part of the community:
• Daily contact via phone with regular home visits 24 hour support via FOLD Telecare’s Home Safety Package (please see the Telecare webpage for further details)
• Essential links to vital local services, including statutory agencies and local community organisations
• A choice of housing support services
• Design of a personalised support plan that combines the views and aspirations of the individual
• Access to a broader range of social activities and events including weekly lunch clubs, coffee mornings, excursions and entertainment.
A Floating Support staff member will be available to deliver this support between the hours of 9:15 and 5:30 on weekdays.
The service is currently available in the following areas:-
The Floating Support service is available to users for up to a period of two years, and can be accessed easily by applying directly to FOLD or by calling (028) 90428341.
You can apply for the Service by printing and completing our Referral/Assessment Form.